Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Finding the GOOD.

Finals. Lol. Am I right?

Everyone keeps saying, "One test at a time" or "Just don't stress about the future! Be in the moment."

Halt. Halt right there.

Can we just be honest for a split second? Brace yourself because you are about to take a glimpse into what I like to call Brianna's stream of consciousness during the week of finals:

You're supposed to focus on the moment, on that specific test, yet all that matters is how that test will effect your GPA... and how your GPA will effect what job you get...and how if you get a low paying job you won't be able to eat....and if you can't eat neither can your dog...and then you're running around the house trying to feed your animal and you slip and bust your head open....oh but guess what?! You can't afford an operation!!! So now you're sitting in your shack, alone...very alone (don't kid yourself, you can't afford to date someone), with a dead starved dog and a busted head. DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN.

Yeah live in the moment my butt.

After my thoughts snowball out of control, the simplest most genius thought someone once told me comes to mind. You know when you are complaining and moaning about your problems/worries/(cough cough...FINALS) and you list all your worries then end by saying, "...but I trust God's plan!" FALSE. Oh so false. You cannot worry and trust God at the same time. It is just not a thing. Wait, I'm wrong, it is a thing some like to call a oxymoron.

Trust me, I don't have my head buried in the Jesus sand. I know it's hard to trust God with all the little things, especially exams. Feels impossible sometimes. I mean the entire reason we are in school is to succeed in the future and if you don't do well on exams how is this possible? Okay, yes this is true, but think about the fact that God already knows your grades and they are perfect. Maybe not a perfect A, but the perfect grades for you. No matter what circumstances happen in your lifetime, God is doing what He knows is best for you at the time. May sound cliche, but I don't care because that truth has carried me through difficult days.

Maybe God created finals week to see which of his children will praise Him during a week where there seems to be little to celebrate. (I'm pretty sure it's not to boost sales for Starbucks coffee and Five Hour Energy Drinks...)

So take advantage of finals week. Look at this as a week to praise Jesus for friends to pull all nighters with and Diet Coke that still tastes good at 4 a.m. Most importantly, use this week to be the person who exemplifies God's faithfulness. Be the person people look at, but immediately see a glimpse of Jesus' calm and trusting personality. Be a light this week that glorifies Christ even when you're borderline B/C in Marriage and Family (like WUT...I'm smart I promise). TRUST that God thought out your life down to this very moment you would be reading this blog and stop worrying because that just won't help.

God is good. His plan for you is good. Life is good. Okay say it with me...FINALS ARE GOOD.

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the GLORY that is to be revealed to us. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for GOOD, for those who are called according to his purpose."

 Romans 8:18, 28

1 comment:

  1. I really do love you, Brianna! You are witty, you are smart, you are right on target! Yes…finals are hard…but not realizing that is even harder. You are doing so well! I wish I'd been like you while I was at Auburn! I wish I had cared about my grades and not just Jim! LOL! Seriously, I wish I had taken it seriously just like you! I'm praying for all of you..I'm praying for Miller as he is studying like no one I've eve known! LITERALLY! Where did he learn that from? It is definitely a gift instilled in him by His Heavenly Father!
    Study hard sweet girl! Cant wait to see how you do!

    ReplyDelete