Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Concourse Hours.

Do you ever have a moment that describes your entire life perfectly? Maybe that one thing you say or do and you walk away thinking how that single moment pretty much summed up your entire life. For me most of these happen walking down the concourse to class, and I quickly come to the conclusion that as always...this is as good as it's gonna get (thank you Mia Thermopolis).

Let me explain. Usually when you are walking to class many others are also walking to class. So the odds of me walking past someone I know is oddly high. Well actually wait, half of the time I think I see someone I know and make eye contact with them for just long enough to realize it's definitely not anyone I know.

I kid you not many times I have started to wave and MID-WAVE I realize once again, I have never seen them before. Let me just describe to you what my mid-wave looks like...it's that awkward half smile where you don't show your teeth and raise your hand up to wave, but right when you realize it's a stranger, you drop that hand like Beyonce' dropped her new album. Awka-awkward.

Just to snowball off that story..then there was the moment I was walking to class and I saw a girl I actually did know. She was walking right by me. She waved. I waved. Things were going smooth. Until I went to say "Hey! How are you?!"  (...as if she is going to say "Terrible my dog died" in 10 seconds?) and instead of actually saying it, I mouthed it...we were 5 feet away from each other. Son of a nutcracker. WHY?! NO WORDS CAME OUT, but my lips moved! I walked away and immediately wanted to turn around and yell "I can speak I swear!"

And those are just a few of the awkward encounters I have had...sooo there's that. But the more I think about it the more I love these painfully awkward encounters. I truly think it is God's way of saying "Laugh a little and don't take life so seriously." Walking to class or to take a test can be such a mood killer. Rarely do you see someone pumped to go take a test. It's funny to think about how stressed we get before a test. I mean yes, tests are important, but when you look back at life are you gonna think "Man...I remember this one test." No, I would bet big bucks you won't.

So to me, these awkward moments are good for the soul. I think God is cracking himself up in Heaven watching me walk down the concourse. Gosh I'm so glad God has a sense of humor. I love to think about how it's the days like today when I have a test and I'm not feeling to peppy, God knows how to lighten the mood. So... next time you do something that is so awkward you wanna curl up in fetal position, just laugh it off and thank God for the little reminder that life just isn't meant to be so serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment